Time to treat yourself.
This is a version of the quintessential English pie made from bananas, cream, and toffee, combined either on a buttery biscuit base or one made from crumbled biscuits and butter. This recipe version from Kim McCosker of 4 Ingredients includes a chocolate base. For more recipes to suit any occasion go to iga.com.au/recipes.
Ms McCosker says this dish looks a million dollars and is plated for less than $10. If you would like to watch how the recipes are made, you can watch the creative process on FB live. For more details go to: iga.com.au/recipes.
3 bananas chopped
600mL cream chilled
400mL tin Caramel Top n Fill
220g milk chocolate
- In a large microwaveable bowl, melt 160g. chocolate in 30-second increments, stirring well after each, until smooth.
- Line a 20-cm spring form cake tin with cling wrap.
- Pour the chocolate into the base of the tin, smooth with a spoon and place in the freezer.
- In a large bowl, beat 300ml of cream just until soft peaks form. Add the Top n Fill and mix to combine. Pour half the caramel mixture over the chocolate base and return to the freezer for 2 hours. Cover remaining caramel with cling wrap and refrigerate.
- Once caramel layer is nice and firm, remove from freezer and cut bananas in 2-cm chunks and place over the top.
- Melt another 60g of chocolate in the microwave until smooth. Add the chocolate layer. Sit for 2 minutes, then top with remaining caramel. Smooth the top once again. Return to the freezer to completely set, at least 2 hours.
- Before serving whip the remaining 250ml of cream and smooth over the top of the ice-cream cake.